A two year old boy has been rescued after falling down a narrow well thanks to an iPhone and some quick thinking rescue workers. The boy was playing with some friends when he fell down a 40 feet deep well, became stuck, and needed emergency assistance to get out.
The incident happened in Yunnan Province near Mengzi City, China. Local villagers tried in vain to get the boy out of the well while they waited for rescue teams to arrive. Once the fire-fighters arrived an hour later, they fed oxygen down the narrow shaft to enable the boy to breathe. They tried to lower a harness down the well but as it was an adult harness the boy kept slipping out of it and proved too dangerous to use.
In a move of brilliance, one fire-fighter attached his iPhone to a rope with the video camera enabled and lowered it down the well. The video was then played back and this let the rescue team to see exactly how the boy was positioned in the shaft and guide rope into the correct position and complete the rescue.
The boy escaped with only minor bruising; so was extremely lucky that the recuse team had such great vision and of course an iPhone. As they say, all’s well that ends well…….
Source: App Advice
How about these similar questions?
- Missing, Mentally Challenged Teen Rescued After Calif Woman Taunts Mother with …
- Mentally Challenged Teen Rescued, Woman Arrested
- Camera Awesome: A New Camera for Your iPhone
- The HTC Titan 2: A Closer Look at a Windows Phone with an Amazing Camera
- AT&T Must Let Beastie Boy Vote on Net Neutrality, SEC Says