Launch Center, a new shortcuts app for iPhone, aims to make everything from sending messages and mail to posting on Facebook and Twitter, to turning on your LED flashlight, faster and easier via an extremely clever, borderline audacious use of URL schemes and iOS 5′s Notification Center.
Produced by David Barnard of App Cubby fame, it boasts an absolutely gorgeous user interface that lets you easily set up which actions you want to appear in your Notification Center from a robust set of shortcut that include Phone, SMS/iMessage, Email, Twitter, Facebook, Flashlight, Google search, and Custom URL schemes. (That last one, for more advanced users especially, should make Launch Center an instant buy.)
Live from Macworld|iWorld 2012, David showed off some of the new features in the recent Launch Center 1.1 update, including scheduled launch actions — for example if you know you need to SMS your wife every morning or email your boss the report every friday at noon.
David’s keeping Launch Center in his dock now, since using Launch Center to quickly call a favorite or send a message is faster than tapping and pecking through screens of apps and layers of menus.
Hopefully Apple finds a way to balance security and accessibility in the next version of iOS so apps like Launch Center can start to do even more fantastic, time saving things.
- $ 0.99 – App Store link
How about these similar questions?
- Daily Tip: How to Configure Lock Screen Info and Notification Center Privacy Options
- TomTom Reveals New Update, Enables Navigation Via Twitter and Facebook
- What’s the Best iPhone App for Social Networks Like Twitter, Facebook, Etc?
- What iPhone App Is There Which Allows You to See All Your Contacts Updates Via Facebook, Twitter Etc?
- Is There an iPhone App That Puts My Facebook Friends in My Phone Contacts?